To nurture members of the Sangha to be proficient in the English and Chinese Languages as well as to have the ability to promulgate Buddhism, conduct academic research and manage monastic matters, so as to ensure the continual development of Chinese Mahayana Buddhism.
Closing date: 15 May 2016.
For more information, please contact us.
Buddhist College of Singapore, Registrar’s Office
88 Bright Hill Road Singapore 574117
Course Structure and Curriculum: English Course: Full time 6-year course, consisting of a 2-year foundation course focusing on developing core English Language skills, followed by a 4-year undergraduate programme conducted in English. Upon earning the required credits, students will be awarded a Bachelor of Arts’ degree by the Mahachulalongkornrajavidyalaya University, Thailand.
Chinese Course: Full time 4-year undergraduate programme in Buddhism conducted in Chinese. Upon earning the required credits, students will be awarded a Bachelor of Arts’ degree by the Mahachulalongkornrajavidyalaya University, Thailand.
Teaching Staff BCS has a well-established and experienced teaching team, especially our Buddhism lecturers, which consist of both Sangha members and lay-people with either Masters’ Degree or PhD qualifications.
Benefits All meals, accommodation and daily necessities will be provided by the college. Students will also receive a monthly allowance during their period of study at BCS.
Post Graduation Outlook Students shall return to their monasteries upon graduation. However, graduates who are interested to engage in further academic research may apply for the college’s Master’s Degree programme or apply for assistance to further their studies overseas.
– Ordained Buddhist monk aged 18 – 35 of all nationalities.
– Devout and had been ordained for at least 1 year.
– Possess at least high school or equivalent qualifications (e.g. ‘A’-levels, vocational college or junior high graduate plus 3 year’s education at a Buddhist College).
– Healthy, no visible or hidden disabilities (E.g. sleepwalking, epilepsy) and/or infectious diseases.
– No criminal record.
– Registration is now open. The closing date for all applications is 15 May 2016.
– Interested parties may write in to request for the application form or download it here[Registration Ends]. Application forms should be completed accordingly and legibly. Please provide a valid contact number and/or email address.
Please submit the completed application form together with the following materials to the Registrar’s Office.
a. Two different referral letters from either the applicant’s Master, the Abbot / senior Venerables at the applicant’s current Monastery or former Venerables / Lecturers who had previously taught the applicant.
b. Photocopy of the latest academic transcript and certificate attained by the applicant.
c. Photocopy of Personal Identification card and/or passport.
d. Three passport-sized, matte-finished photographs (35×45mm) of the applicant’s front profile. Applicants should be dressed in monk’s / nun’s robes with no headdress, on white background.
e. Medical check-up form (inclusive of blood test, liver test, chest X-ray) from a Government-registered medical institution.
– A total of 60 student monks will be selected for both English and Chinese Courses.
– Applicants will be selected based on the results of the entrance examination.
– Scope of Examination: Interviews and examinations for both courses will be conducted at the same time. English course applicants will sit for an Intermediate English Language examination while Chinese course applicants will sit for 3 examinations: Buddhism, Chinese Linguistic Skills (both conducted in Chinese) and Elementary English Language Examination.
– The college will apply for student visas and permits on behalf of all selected applicants.
– Selection results will be announced via telephone, email and the college website.
– According to the policy stipulated by the Immigration and Checkpoints Authority of Singapore (ICA), all foreign students are required to pay a security deposit. The student shall bear half of the amount, while the remainder will be subsidized by the college. Please click here for details on the deposit amount.
– Successful applicants are required to report to the college by 20 August 2016.
– Start of Semester: 5 September 2016
For more information, please contact us in writing or via telephone. Address: Buddhist College of Singapore, Registrar’s Office 88 Bright Hill Road Singapore 574117 Tel: 0065-6715 6900 (Please contact us between Mondays and Fridays 9am – 4pm, Singapore time) Fax No: 0065-6456 0180 Email: email@example.com
Note : – BCS shall provide one-way air tickets only for freshmen and graduates.